Monday, May 14, 2007

Parisian jail!!

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/files/old/paris-hilton-tan.jpg
Yes, I have lowered myself to this level, how could I not blog a little about Paris Hilton going to jail. I know I know, this political blog of mine, dealing with issues of global import, and yes indeed, Paris Hilton – Hey Hilton is an International name is it not?
The image “http://imgsrv.1010wins.com/image/DbGraphic/200705/524722.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Paris + Tinkerbell sculpture by controversial artist Daniel Edwards

Btw, I am also just learning as I write this that blog is still not in the Word dictionary? Is this 2007 or what, Oh wait, it’s probably my laptop that’s prehistoric… Anyhow, I mean come on, this girl, not only did she drive drunk without a license, but she thought it funny to mock Police by wearing a police uniform while doing so. Then she gets caught, and “OH!, gosh golly by gosh!” How dare they?! She wrote a petition to the governator to grant her a gubernatorial pardon, asking her fans on her official myspace page to “SIHN” the petition! I mean, this was the last crime in my opinion. The girl cannot even spell sign?! Surely, if she has never had to write another thing in her life, she must have to sign on the dotted line of all her various contracts does she not? And she never noticed that the word is “SIGN”?! For this last crime, I think she needs to be given a 90-day sentence, of which most would be spent in compulsory reading and writing class!
I couldn't get over it when the MSNBC pop analyst on Tucker Carlson's show referred to Paris Hilton's fans as Parisians, who were joining forces in demanding her freedom for her noble acts of entertaining that she affords them! Anyhow, who I'm I not to weigh in, CNN, MSNBC, the Governator, who hasn't? The funniest coverage I've seen so far however, is the tabloid magazines' stories about lesbian gangs and such like... I do have to agree, she does provide some entertainment for us all, albeit of the truly sad variety! You know, the most unsurprising thing though would be if she actually did get away without serving a day of her sentence, despite the fact that apparently this is a sentence that is not up for appeal! The Hilton family is a powerful US family and it would not entirely surprise me if thanks to a generous campaign donation to some politician, or maybe even some politician’s favorite charity, a gubernatorial pardon were not forthcoming. What reasons could possibly be conjured up for this pardon – the safety of the other prisoners perhaps due to the unwanted attention and possible riots that a Paris lockup might cause? Stay tuned…

No comments:

Political blog with smatterings of pop culture, a lil bit of goss here and there and some of my Op ed